We are very grateful to All Flutes Plus who have again agreed to fund a bursary to the value of an Intensive Performer’s place, including twin full board accommodation costs, at the Scottish International Flute Summer School.
This bursary is for
- students who demonstrate above average ability
- students dedicated to developing their playing and musical ability to the highest possible standards
It is open to
- any player of any age from anywhere in the world
When awarding the bursary, our panel will take into account financial circumstances and give preference to those who wouldn’t otherwise be able to attend the course. All applications will be considered on their own merit and the award will be given to the player who it is considered will benefit the most from attending.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 16th May, 2018 and no late applications will be accepted.
How to Apply
Please send, via email, the following:
- A recent video recording or yourself which should last approximately 20 minutes and include 2 contrasting pieces of your own choice. One work must be with piano accompaniment. Please note that your recordings can be audio, but we do prefer video. We will accept attachments and youtube/vimeo/soundcloud links.
- A PDF or word document with the following information:
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Date of Birth
- Summary of Musical Education – please include institutions that you have attended and the teachers you have studied with
- Details of your recent performance experience and repertoire studied
- Masterclasses previously attended – if any.
- Reasons for needing a bursary – please give as much detail as possible
- A personal statement as to why you want to attend the summer school and what you think you will gain by attending
In order to give yourself the best chance of winning this bursary, please ensure that you provide everything asked for and with as much detail as possible.
Our panel reserves the right to share the value of the bursary between 2 players and has absolute discretion in the award of the bursary.