Venue – Merchiston Castle School
This year we are delighted to be heading to a fantastic new venue – Merchiston Castle School in Colinton, Edinburgh.
Accommodation – Laidlaw House
Situated on campus, Laidlaw is a modern and exceptionally well furnished boarding house, where all bedrooms are en suite!
At Merchiston Castle School we have:
- Practice Facilities – Plenty of room available to practice!
- Memorial Hall – This is a stunning and intimate recital room which will be used for concerts and masterclasses.
- Compact Campus – Absolutely everything is within a 5-minute walk. This is vital when heading from one class to the next
- All Flutes Plus – The fabulous team from All Flutes Plus will join us with lots of flutes, sheet music, CD’s and accessories for you to browse through!
- Free parking – We have free on site parking – helpful if you’ve travelled a long way with lots of luggage!
- Dining Hall – Enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner with your tutors and fellow students. This is an ideal time for discussion and reflection on the classes you’ve attended throughout the day
Make the most of Colinton and Edinburgh
While you are in Colinton why not explore a little further. Now a flourishing suburb of the city of Edinburgh, Colinton is a former mill town that has retained much of its original village charm. Set in the midst of the peaceful Colinton Dell – a stretch of mature woodland nestled along the Water of Leith – the village offers numerous speciality shops and attractive restaurants and many of the original historic buildings remain intact – all just a 10 minute stroll from Merchiston.
For the official visitors guide to Edinburgh and surrounding areas visit edinburgh.org
Merchiston Castle is ideally located a short drive away from the main centre of Edinburgh and the flute summer school will be running at the same time as the world famous Edinburgh Festival. A bus into town would take approx 25 minutes and a taxi approximately 15 minutes.